One of the hardest tasks to tackle when you’re building a WordPress website is choosing which WordPress theme to use. There are several key factors to consider before settling on a free theme or investing in a premium theme. So we want to help you with that process. Each Thursday we’ll review a WordPress theme and give our opinions on documentation, installation, features and ease of use. We’ll be real about the good and the bad.
What to consider when choosing a WordPress Theme:
- How are you wanting to use your website? – As a Shopping cart? As an Information site?
- What key features do you need? For example – Video library, Team Bios, Contact Form?
- What style do you like? Busy or Classic? Simple or more Complex?
- What type of navigation will you need? (this has to do with your menu options across the top, footer or sidebar)
- Will you need a blog? Does that blog need to be front and center for the visitor?
- How will you handle things like security, seo and social media?
Best Case Scenario
We typically recommend having your theme built custom from scratch like from a company like ours. This allows your theme to be customized around your logo and branding. We can also build it very lightweight or as custom as you need to go so that you’re not relying on some developer you’ve never met. However, if your budget needs to stay below $100 bucks – you’ll want to look at some of these themes that we’ll be reviewing.